10 Octubre, 2017
An Indonesian user who has Galaxy Grand Duos smartphone in his pocket has caught fire and the user suffered injury on his face. Samsung notes that the phone user was using a third party battery and not the one manufactured by Samsung, and this is what resulted in the explode. For starters, this is such a widespread calamity that there's already an entire Reddit "megathread" dedicated to it, gathering together information from hundreds of complaints spread across many standard forum threads. The smartphone is one of Samsung's older Galaxy Duos, which was launched way back in 2013.
"Coated in Corning Gorilla Glass 5.0, the Galaxy Note 8 has a 6.3-inch screen with Super AMOLED display, allowing for clearer videos and images with a resolution of 2,960 x 1440 (Quad HD)". The video score is a slightly low but given that the overall rating is the best one at the moment, there wouldn't be any other choice better than Galaxy Note 8 in the market for good camera and video.
The incident was reported by Channel News Asia. The video showed the phone exploding in the owner's shirt pocket he fell down while trying to take off his shirt but was not hurt in the incident.
However for the moment, this method remains unconfirmed as a fix.
A bystander rushes to help before Yulianto manages to remove his shirt. Synaptics, BeyondEyes, and subsidiary Samsung LSI all have their foot in the door so to speak and have shipped samples to the firm, with the two latter companies being favorites. Samsung told CNN "We sincerely wish for our customer's swift recovery, and strongly recommend all our consumers to use Samsung's genuine or approved batteries that have been specifically designed for use in Samsung products".